To help sellers elevate their online presence, Square has launched Themes, a pre-built set of 19 site design templates for Square Online that includes other customizable features such as colors, fonts, layouts and buttons. As a result, sellers and agency partners can select a theme that best fits their business to quickly get a website up and running, while also having the flexibility to personalize their site and draw in customers. Other new features now available to further customize their site experiences include: ‘Shop All’ pages; product detail pages; mega menus for larger catalogs; scrolling marquees and embedded native videos; and customizable buttons, custom fonts, and icon sets.
Additionally, Square is offering sellers new generative AI capabilities that enable users to churn out fresh and impactful site content. Automatically generated descriptions help retailers write compelling titles and descriptions for new products, which are automatically syndicated across all sales channels. This automated feature removes the manual back-end work required to describe and list each item for sale, helping improve operational efficiency for teams of all sizes.
New Customer Engagement Solutions Drive Acquisition and Engagement
In addition to these new site capabilities, Square has rolled out new customer engagement features to help merchants drive customer acquisition and retention across channels.
- House Accounts is a deferred payment account that business regulars and corporate clients can easily charge purchases to. When a seller is ready to settle up, they can quickly create an invoice for the outstanding balance and receive payment online via credit card, ACH payment, or Card on File;
- Text Message Marketing can now include images and GIFs to engage with customers who prefer to shop or receive messages through their mobile devices;
- With Retail Bundles, sellers can offer multiple items into a single order (such as a gift basket or curated collection); and
- Group eGift Cards, which allow shoppers to contribute to a group present.
Inventory and Fulfillment Solutions Meet New Customer Expectations
Finally, Square for Retail has unveiled new solutions to streamline inventory management and order fulfillment. For example, sellers can now simplify their inventory by easily archiving old items, ensuring their assortment is organized ahead of the holidays and updated with ready-to-sell seasonal products. Square for Retail also is enabling barcode label printing from the Point of Sale and embedding the functionality deeper into operational workflows like purchase orders and inventory receipt to make it easier for sellers and their teams to prepare their products for sale.
With efficiency and speed top of mind for retailers this season, Square is giving merchants access to enhanced fulfillment management tools:
- The Shipments Page will centralize shipping tasks for in-store orders, Square Online purchases and Square Subscriptions within a single dashboard;
- A new integration with Shippo, which is designed to streamline order fulfillment; and
- An improved checkout interface that combines multiple fulfillment options – such as in-person sales, ‘Buy Online Pick Up In-Store’, shipment and more – spanning across locations and auto calculating taxes based on order shipping destinations.
“Retailers choose Square because our technology helps automate critical operations within their businesses, and scales with them as they grow,” said Roshan Jhunja, Head of Retail at Square in a statement. “As their needs become more sophisticated, they can tap further into Square’s fully integrated ecosystem of tools. We remain focused on providing sellers with the technology they need to unlock new growth channels and maximize their sales during the holidays and beyond.”